Friday, January 1, 2010

Resolutions

I'm a list maker. I'd forget to brush my teeth without the reminder. But 
I've never been big on New Years Resolutions. Maybe I'm lazy or maybe I 
know not to set expectations I may not meet. I'd rather make a to do 
list. Everything might not get crossed off but at least I know I will 
try.

The exercise resolution is easy for me - I couldn't make it through my 
week without it. Zumba is my latest obsession. It's Latin dancing. 
Lots of hip shakin. So fun. I'm sure I look like the biggest goofball, 
but who cares?! Try it, such a blast.

I take each day as it comes. Not a very good long term planner (in my 
pre-kid life I was a corporate meeting planner, which is laughable now 
to me.) If I remember to pack a lunch and plan a playdate, it's a good 
day. Being a mom is hard. There is so much "stuff" to remember. Thank 
goodness for my good friend, my iPhone to remind me of everything.

So back to the resolutions, I can't imagine adding more expectations to 
my days.

And then there's Made by Angie to throw into the mix.  I've been 
blessed with a successful business. So let's just resolve that it will 
continue. 5 years and counting. That's a lot of diaper changes!

So, it's 2010. On my to do list (this was also on my '09 list...told 
ya!) is to buy a sewing machine and teach myself to use it. There, I 
am putting it in writing this time, will you help me with this 
accomplishment?

If you've made it this far, I'd love to hear what's on your list. Leave 
me a comment here. I'll leave you with this pic of Nate taken last night, shortly after he tuckered out after a long night of party-ing. I'm going to add "take a nap" to my list. He looks mighty content.




Happy New Year!!

7 comments:

MiniMe Mom said...

That is an adorable picture of Nate:-)

I like all yoru resolutions, and I cannot believe I did not know you were a corporate planner before. You are good at organizing, though, so I can see it.

MiniMe Mom said...

Oh, and my resolution is to drink more water and less Coke.

baby Steps:-)

Lara said...

I'm with you on Zumba! I've done it once and loved it. I tried not to look in the mirror as somehow i didn't look the way I imagined I did. I can't wait to see what you have in store for Made By Angie!

Lara said...

Oh - and here were mine from last year:

1. Increase the amount of money put into savings month over month.
2. No new clothes for 2008.
3. Eat more simply, which means no fried food.
4. Give up papertowels and paper napkins and move to cloth.
5. Have a garage sale.

Mine this year will have something about taking more time to take care of myself, and give up plastic bags.

Jen C said...

Okay I have to admit I've never made a resolution list. Is that crazy?

But this year I want to...
1. be more organized. Considering I am not organized at all, this shouldn't be hard to manage (I hope).

2. plant a vegetable garden.

3. video the kids more. I want to make sure I capture these young childhood moments.

Anonymous said...

Ang - Great blog!

My list:
1. Lose the baby weight - actually, it's not the baby's fault...If I'm truly being honest, it's because I am obsessed with kit kats and cookies!

2. Be more patient. With my kid, my husband and myself. Chill out.

3. Say "yes" as much as I can to my kid.

4. Stop cleaning my house so much. Let some things fall through the cracks.

5. Sleep more...

Love ya! Stefie

Anonymous said...

I have been told that if you write something down youu are more apt to do it. so let's see if it is true for you. You are more than welcome to come and use my sewing machine if you want to test drive one! DER