Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanks a bunch

I was so lazy yesterday I didn’t even get to post this.

Ahhh, Thanksgiving Day. I have so much to be thankful for ... for starters, Max is still sleeping, and it’s 9:08am. Thank you, first born for channeling my love of slumber. Secondly, I am not hosting Thanksgiving this year, so I really don’t care that the house is a mess.

Finally, and in all seriousness -- I am thankful for family, friends & my business.

I’ve lived in Chicago since graduating college (go Badgers!), having grown up in Maryland. Although my sister and her husband live here too, my parents have remained home in MD ... until this year. My dad is teaching at Northwestern Law School and as a result, they’ve decided to get a place here.  So now, I get to see Mom & Dad all the time (and they’re hosting Thanksgiving this year!), my kids get to spend extra time with Grandma and Papa and although I am not originally from this area, it finally feels like home. Special hugs to Marc & the boys (and Bela too!) - Marc, for keeping my heart warm and also my toes with his obsessive fire-building and Max and Nate for being loving, happy brothers ... how’d I get so lucky?

I recently spent a long weekend with some amazing friends. Lots of laughs, wine, yummy food and most importantly, togetherness. Although our homes span the country, I look forward to our yearly get-together for the same sense of comfy-ness I get from my own family.

Having just celebrated 5 years of Made by Angie, I am thankful for the ability to stay home with my kids, use my brain to run a business and exercise my creative side daily all while making lots of mamas happy with their funky wipe containers :)

A reminder that this Saturday, November 27th save 30% at Made by Angie -- use the code SATURDAY at checkout.  Until then, I hope you get the shopping deals of a lifetime you are searching for and some good warm and fuzzies from those you spend Thanksgiving weekend with this year.

Feel free to post great deals that you've found in the comments!

Angie

No comments: